W. Bryer and Sons

Assayers and Gold Refiners

Established Circa 1815.

Inscription reads:
This frieze was removed from numbers 53 and 54 Barbican when it was demolished in 1962 and re-erected by the Corporation of London in 1975. Numbers 53 and 54 were the premises of W. Bryer & Sons gold refiners and assayers whose trade is depicted in the frieze.
The building was one of the few which survived when the area was largely destroyed by incendiary bombs in December 1940.

White Lyon Court, Aldersgate, Fann Street, London, EC2



    More Information
    W. Bryer and Sons