Nothing is distant from god.
The dying words of the mother of St Augustine are
offered here by the Worshipful Company of Brewers
in celebration of the second millennium of the birth of
Jesus Christ our lord.
A nearby bench carries the following inscription:
Near this spot stood the Augustinian Priory of Elsing
Spital 1329 to 1536 and since circa 1400 Brewers Hall
which was destroyed in the great fire of 1666 and the
blitz of 1940 and rebuilt in 1960.