Monopoly
                                                       
Developed in the Early
20th Century

Board Game








Plaque Location

Entrance to Co-op Bank
1 Islington High Street
London
N1

Further Information

Categories
Locations
Names
Plaque Reads:

Monopoly
This plaque commemorates the site of the Angel Corner House Tea
Rooms.
In 1935 Victor Watson and his secretary Marjorie Phillips stopped for
afternoon tea whilst choosing the sites for the original London
Monopoly.
It was here he decided that ‘Angel’ was an appropriate name for one
of the properties making it the only site on the board named after a
building.