Paul’s Cross
                                                                                 
Erected 12th Century
Destroyed 17th Century

Open Air Pulpit



Plaque Location

St Paul’s Churchyard
London
EC4





Further Information

Categories
Locations
Names
The Plaque Reads:
On this plot of ground stood of old ‘Pauls Cross’ whereat  amid
such Scenes of good and evil as make up human affairs the
conscience of church and nation through five centuries found
public utterance. The first record of this in 1119 A.D. It was rebuilt
by Bishop Kemp in 1449 and was finally removed by order of the
Long Parliament in 1643. This cross was re-erected in its present
form under the will of H.C. Richards to recall and to renew the
ancient memories
There is a second plaque at the same site